Student Enrolments

At Hoppers Crossing Secondary College we aim to enrol students on a “best fit” basis. Our philosophy is centred on determining what our College can offer your child in terms of the programs available at the College.

Year 7 Enrolments

Each year the College receives a large number of 1st Preferences from students living both inside and outside the College Catchment Zone.

Based on such a significant demand, it is vital that all parents seeking enrolment into the College at Year 7, indicate Hoppers Crossing Secondary College as their number 1 preference on the enrolment form supplied by the child’s Primary School.

The following guidelines are applied to students seeking enrolment into Year 7.

Students living inside the College Catchment Zone
Grade 6 students who live inside the College Catchment Zone are entitled to a Year 7 place at the College if they wish.

Students living outside the College Catchment Zone
Students who live outside the College Catchment Zone, may be offered a Year 7 place depending on available spaces and specific curriculum needs.

Parents are encouraged to contact the College to discuss the possibility of enrolling their child in Year 7 if they so desire.

For Year 7 enrolments outside the normal enrolment period, please contact the College.

To make an enrolment enquiry please contact Ms Kim Firkin – Enrolment Coordinator on (03) 9974 7777.

Year 8 – 12 Enrolments

Prior to enrolling students we take into consideration

  • The current residential address of the legal guardian.
  • Your child’s suitability to the range of academic programs on offer
  • Any siblings that already attend the College.

To assist Hoppers Crossing Secondary College in assessing your child’s eligibility for enrolment, please include in your enrolment application original or certified copies of:

  1. Rental agreements or unconditional contracts of sale plus
  2. A copy of two of the following:
  • electoral enrolment confirmation
  • council rates notices
  • other official documentation that demonstrates permanent residency at that address such as a driver’s license or health care card

Documents should show the same address and parent’s/carer’s name as recorded on the school enrolment application form.

Optional: On request, you may also be required to complete a statutory declaration confirming the student is living in the address provided in the enrolment application and that the arrangement is genuine and intended to be permanent.

The College will also require:

  1. The latest copy of your child’s school report
  2. A copy of your child’s full birth certificate that clearly shows the names of both parents.

Note: Enrolment applications may not be successful if the requested documentation is not provided.

Should your child meet the criteria for enrolment at the College, we will make a time for you and your child to attend an enrolment interview with the relevant member of the Principal class team.

To make an enrolment enquiry please contact Ms Kim Firkin- Enrolment Coordinator on (03) 9974 7777.

Our school zone

Our school zone is available on hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.

Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.

The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.

You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.